Find information on our past programs and events, including recorded talks viewable in real-time.
Single Session Home-school Explorations, September 2022
- Intro to Sailing, September 16th, 2022: Participants spent an afternoon learning the basics of sailing on our Hobie Wave Catamarans, understanding wind and current and how to steer, tack, and gybe the boats.
- Salt Marsh Species Count, September 23rd, 2022: Students met at the Fox Hill Salt Marsh to explore and identify as many species as possible during low tide, understanding the salt marsh as an extremely important habitat which hosts hundreds of different species of plants, animals, and other creatures.
Motherload Movie Screening, August 24th, 2022: In partnership with Jamestown Schools and Rolling Agenda, CISF held an outdoor screening of the documentary film, Motherload, chronicling one new mom’s quest to promote cargo bikes within our increasingly gas-powered, digitally-driven, and polarized communities. Mission Electric Bike was present offering demos of their own cargo bikes to event goers. You can watch the film’s trailer here.
CISF Environmental Speaker Series, January 20th – February 3rd, 2022
• Big Issues, Big Changes: A Breakdown of Environmental Issues, January 20, 2022
• One Person Can Make a Difference! January 27, 2022
• Engaging Your Community to Prioritize Climate Change, February 3, 2022
CISF Sailing Speaker Series, February 3rd – 19th, 2022
• High School & College Sailing 101, A Panel Discussion, February 10, 2022
• Foiling: Fun & Fast, but What Is It? Presented by Tom Burnham, February 17, 2022
• Marine Navigation Tips & Tricks, Presented by Suzy leech, February 24, 2021