Tree-Plenish Community Event
Saturday, April 24, 2021
9 am – 4 pm
We are so excited to have partnered with the organization Tree-Plenish to host a tree-planting event April 24, 2021. The goal is to offset and replenish the use of paper from the previous year in the Jamestown Schools by planting trees.
100 trees = 1 million sheets of paper replenished!
CISF’s Eco-Club has been the driving force behind this project, and we are grateful for their hard work and dedication!
Information about Saturday’s Event:
If you selected the option to have volunteers come to your yard and plant your sapling, then a volunteer team will come to your house between 9am and 4pm on Saturday, April 24th.
If you have selected to pick up your saplings, please come to the CISF tent at Fort Getty between 9am and 4pm on Saturday, April 24th to pick them up.
Please remember to wear your mask and socially distance as best you can.
If you are planting the sapling yourself, please refer to this video on how to plant your bare root sapling.
Information on how to take care of your sapling: please refer to this document.
If you have any questions you will be able to ask them on the day when you pick up your trees, or feel free to email Fiona@JamestownSailing.org and she will do her best to answer!
Make sure to take photos with your newly planted saplings! If you’d like, you can send any photos you take to firstname.lastname@example.org or post them on social media tagging @treeplenish and using #TreePlenishEvents2021. Tree-plenish will be featuring them on their website/social media, and is awarding best photo $100! You can also send photos back to this email if you would like to share them only within our community.
Interested in volunteering on Saturday, April 24? We need help planting trees around town. Contact Fiona: Fiona@JamestownSailing.org
– Volunteer time slots are approximately two hours. You can sign up with a group (1-2 others (or more)), or we can put you with a group.
– All volunteers, residents, and event organizers are required to wear masks and keep 6 feet apart as best you can.
– Upon arrival on the day of the event, you will fill out a Covid screening form.
– Please fill out this quick volunteer liability form. You will be asked to show confirmation that you submitted this form on the day of the event. If you are under 18, please have a parent or guardian electronically sign this form prior to the event.
– What to Bring to volunteer:
A shovel (or hand trowel)
Gloves for each member of your team
5-10 sheets of newspaper (keeps the saplings safe while they are in the car) (We will have limited extras of these supplies for those who don’t have them, but please bring your own if you do!)
Please watch this video about how to plant a tree: “How to Plant a Tree”
Planting your own sapling? Here is the “How to Plant a Tree” video to give you some pointers.